"What do you want to be?" "Happy," she says with a smile. - Colleen Hoover

Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Until Friday Night by Abbi Glines

This woman can do no wrong in my eyes. The first book I read by Abbi was the first book in the Vincent Brothers duology and I enjoyed it fine. I didn't love it but thought it was good. I remember deciding to pick up the second and loving it. That's when I found the Rosemary Beach series and I have never looked back.
I bought Until Friday Night a year ago and have been keeping it on my shelf for the right moment. As you all know I've been reading the Crossfire series by Sylvia Day and a couple weeks ago I finished the 4th book. I searched my library for the 5th one but with no luck. I went home and was like okay so you can either wait until you can order the 5th or you can pick up another book. Sometimes when I stop reading after I've been on a really great reading streak it puts me in a slump. So you guessed it, I looked on my shelf for another read. I saw this one sitting there and I said to myself in my best Morgan Freeman voice, "It's time."
I started it at about 11:00 p.m. while my son was sleeping and stayed up until about 2ish. If you have kids you understand that you don't get a lot of sleep so you don't usually want to waste it. I couldn't put this down though! I kept saying the whole "one more chapter" which lets be honest, it's a joke.
My darn eyelids betrayed me though and started getting heavy so I decided to finish it the next day while my son took his nap. Which I did. And I loved it.
I smiled like I did the first time I saw Leonardo DiCaprio in Titanic and I cried like I did at the end of that dreadful movie.
In typical Abbi fashion Until Friday Night is told in dual perspectives which for the 108th time I love.
Our main lady is Maggie who has had some serious hell in her life. She witnessed her father murder her mother. Yikes. Ever since she hasn't spoken a word. She was living with her godmother but ends up going to live with her moms brother, wife and son who is the same age as her.
Our main fella is West Ashby who is the typical "Big Man on Campus" but who is dealing with some pretty sad stuff at home with a sick father.
The two meet at a field party one night when West is upset and decides to kiss Maggie. Next day at school he's a dick and she decides that he wasn't worth her time.
Obviously that doesn't last long or this would be a pretty shitty book.
West ends up coming clean with Maggie on his home life and she speaks for the first time - to him.
I absolutely 100%, without a doubt, no joke, loved this couple. I was hooked from the first page and stayed in love after I finished it.
Whether you've read this goddess' books before or not I DEFINITELY recommend you pick up Until Friday Night. You will not regret it.


Buy Until Friday Night Here:
Amazon
Barnes & Noble
Kobo

I'm a Book Depository affiliate so if you want to buy a book with FREE SHIPPING and put some change in my pocket click HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment